Steve Spurrier Teleconference Notes and Audio: Bye Week
South Carolina head coach Steve Spurrier spoke with the media on Wednesday during his weekly teleconference.
The Gamecocks are off this weekend but that didn't stop Spurrier from talking on a few topics in regards to his football team.
Here are some notes and audio from Spurrier's teleconference:
- Spurrier started off by saying the Gamecocks will practice Monday through Thursday and do some preparations for the Florida game in two weeks.
- Spurrier said the Gamecocks are one of the healthiest teams around and that they've had very few serious injuries.
- He hopes they will make a run here and have a "really good year."
- Spurrier said they honed in on fundamentals this week. He said they are taking the team picture on Wednesday and voting on team captains on Wednesday as well. Spurrier says they'll get more serious into next week.
- Spurrier said that Connor Shaw hopes he won't need the knee brace by next Saturday and that he'll be 100% ready for Florida.
- Coach said he hopes his record has been pretty good after open dates. He said he knows we beat Alabama a few years ago. "I remember that one."
- Spurrier said that last year's Florida game served as no motivation for the Gamecocks. He said they fumbled it away and hopes they won't do that this time. He says they've taken care of the ball this year and haven't given the opponents many easy touchdowns.
- Coach said Florida is capable of beating everybody they play and if they are to win then the Gamecocks will have to play well next week.