Q&A with Kansas Basketball Freshman, Royce Woolridge
Rivals.com’s 120th-ranked basketball prospect in the Class of 2010, Royce Woolridge is a key freshman for Kansas this year. The 6-2, 182-pound shooting guard uses his speed, and shooting ability some may say he might crack the rotation and be a key part of Kansas' success as a freshman this season.
1. So Royce you are committed to play this year at Kansas. What factors went into your decision?
Well I have family there that always tells me how great it is there plus I love the atmosphere at KU plus that's where basketball started and it has great history.
2. How do you except to play this year as a team with several key players leaving for the NBA?
I feel as if the team will still be good. Maybe not a number one seed but definitely a team that will compete and be a force to be reckoned with.
3. What are your goals individually this year?
My goals are to go out there and play as hard as I can in order to help the team as much as I can.
4. Who do you think is the best player in the class of 2010 and who do you think will have the most impact this year in college?
Harrison Barnes is really good and he will have a big impact this year at UNC.
5. What do you feel you have to improve at Kansas?
I need to improve on my defense and getting stronger.
6. What's your best aspect in your game?
I think my versatility is the best aspect of my game.
7. What player in the NBA do you compare yourself to and why? Is the NBA a path you would like to take or would you rather pursue a different career?
I don't know who I would compare myself to but I would love to eventually play in the NBA but if not I'm getting my degree in buisness where I'll start my own buisness.
8.Finally, what do you expect to accomplish as a team and individually this year at Kansas?
This year I want the the team to make another run for the national championship and individually I want to help as much as I can to make that happen.